Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts has now closed.
You're Invited to Participate
The Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine in Conjunction with The University of Queensland is pleased to announce plans for the inaugural GLOBAL ACUTE CARE EXCELLENCE FORUM (#ACEGlobal) to be held in Brisbane, Australia 20-21 February 2017.
This is an international conference considering the safe passage for frail and vulnerable patients across the hospital continuum. Cutting edge assessment systems, accreditation systems, research and policy directions will be discussed. The focus will be international experience made locally relevant.
Take the opportunity to share in the knowledge exchange experience this conference offers. Please submit your abstract by TUESDAY OCTOBER 4 2016 MIDNIGHT AEST.
The overall theme of ACE 2017 is ensuring safe passage for frail and vulnerable patients across the hospital continuum.
You can nominate to be considered for an oral presentation, a poster presentation or both.
ORAL PRESENTATION: Oral presenters will have a 20 minute time slot within the Forum program (15 minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for Q&A).
POSTER PRESENTATION: Posters will be displayed at the venue during the Forum. Attendees will be able to view your poster during all catering breaks. If there is insufficient space in the program for your oral presentation, you may be invited to display a poster only if you nominate a willingness to accept both (when you submit your abstract).
When submitting your abstract (300 words), please select which stream best suits.
- Epidemiology and the frail vulnerable patient
- Clinical patient care
- Maintaining patient function during hospital inpatient episodes
- Transitions of care
- Assessment and measurement in the hospital
- Hospital care in the community
- Identifying patients at risk or who are vulnerable
- Looking forward: Models of care that meet future needs.
- interRAI assessment, including community and long term care.
Your abstract should clearly outline the theme and purpose of your presentation/paper – Please read the section on submission guidelines carefully.
When submitting your abstract, please select which stream best suits. Your abstract should clearly outline the theme and purpose of your presentation/paper.
The abstract format is as follows:
Title should be a maximum of 50 characters in length
- Enter name/s of author/s on online portal
- Check the box for those authors who are presenting at the Conference
- Each author needs to be listed separately
- Biographies are to be provided for the main presenting author and for any presenting co-authors
- Include professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof) when entering the author/presenter names
- The online portal will not keep any formatting you have created from a Word document; simply enter your abstract into the content box provided
- Abstracts should be a maximum of 250 words written in the English language
- Do not leave blank lines between paragraphs
- Use standard abbreviations only
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee. Acceptance of abstracts is at the sole discretion of the Program Committee.
- By submitting your abstract you agree to have your abstract (if accepted) published in the ACE 2017 Conference Delegate Handbook.
- If accepted, you must register for the Conference by the date specified by the Conference Organisers. Further details regarding registration will be included in your acceptance correspondence.
- If you have any questions or experience any problems during the online submission process, please contact Krysty Monks of Iceberg Events (Conference Organisers) via phone +61 7 3876 4988 or email@example.com.
The call for abstracts has now closed.
- Call for Abstracts Close: AEST 4 October 2016
- Abstract Review Process: October 2016
- Registration Open: October 2016
- Authors Advised of Submission Outcome: Late November 2016
- Earlybird Registration Closes: 20 January 2017
- ACE 2017 Conference: 20-21 February 2017