Elfa Þöll Grétarsdóttir
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Landspitali
2011-2013 University Hospital of Iceland, Internship for advance practice nursing
2004 - 2006 University of Wisconsin-Madison, MS Nursing - Geriatric and palliative care
1998 - 2002 University of Iceland, BSc Nursing
1996 - 1997 Leiðsöguskóli Íslands, Diploma as a Tour Guide
1991 - 1996 Junior College of Akureyri - Exchange student in Germany for one year
2014-current Clinical Nurse Specialist, Landspitali
2014-current Adjunct in Geriatric nursing, University of Iceland
2013 Temp Supervising course in geriatric nursing
2010-2012 Research assistant
2010-2014 Landspítali –Staff Nurse on various geriatric units (rehab, ACE, PC) pallitave Unit
2006 - 2010 Homemaker in Boston, had my two sons
2004 - 2006 Project assistant, University of Wisconsin - During Graduate School I worked for Professor Karin Kirchhof in end of life researches
2001 - 2003 Landspítali -ED
2013 Clinical Nurse Specialist in Geriatrics and Palliative Care
2006 Registered Nurse Massachusetts
2003 Registered Nurse Wisconsin
2002 Registered Nurse Iceland
2005 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
2002 Icelandic Nurse Society
1. Zoëga S, Ward, SE, Serlin, RC., Sveinsdottir, H., Gretarsdottir, E., Fridriksdottir, N, Hafsteinsdottir, E., Gunnarsdóttir S. (2015). The effectiveness of a nursing staff development Intervention to improve pain management – A randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Journal of Pain 8,54
2. Gunnarsdottir, S. Gretarsdottir, E.Th. (2011). Systematic Review of Interventions Aimed at Nurses to Improve Pain Management. Review. Vård I Norden, 31(4), 16-21.
3. Grétarsdóttir EÞ, Zoëga S, Tómasson G, Gunnarsdóttir S.(2011) Forprófun á mælitæki til að meta þekkingu og viðhorf hjúkrunarfræðinga til verkja og verkjameðferðar. Tímarit hjúkrunarfræðinga, 87 (4), 41-53.
4. Kirchhoff KT, Palzkill J, Kowalkowski J, Mork A, Gretarsdottir E. Preparing families of intensive care patients for withdrawal of life support: a pilot study. American Journal of Critical Care. Mar 2008;17(2):113-121; quiz 122.
5. Kwekkeboom KL, Gretarsdottir E. Systematic review of relaxation interventions for pain. Journal of Nursing Scholarship. 2006;38(3):269-277.