IFHE is a non-profit, non-governmental body established in 1970 to enable national engineering professional organizations to join in a world-wide federation.
The purpose of IFHE is to encourage and facilitate exchange of information and experience in the broad field of hospital and healthcare facility design, construction, engineering, commissioning, maintenance, and estate management.
Membership of IFHE has spread to over thirty countries - embracing some ten thousand persons. In addition to national healthcare engineering organizations, IFHE also admits as members: governmental institutions, corporate consultants, commercial and industrial firms, as well as individuals or small groups of interested persons.
IFHE is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, as a Non-governmental Organization in Official Relations with the WHO.
- To promote, develop and disseminate hospital engineering technology;
- To compare international experience;
- To promote the principle of integrated planning, design and evaluation by improved collaboration between the professions;
- To promote more efficient management of operation and maintenance, and the safety of hospitals, their engineering, installations, equipment and buildings;
- To offer collaboration with other international organisations.
For more information about the IFHE please click here.