- Brisbane City Hall clock tower tour - this iconic landmark is free to tour and is open to the public seven days a week from 10am - 5pm. For more information click here.
- Wheel of Brisbane - The Wheel of Brisbane offers a spectacular 360 degree panoramic view of Brisbane City from the heart of Brisbane's cultural, lifestyle and entertainment precinct, The Parklands, South Bank. For more information click here.
- South Bank Precinct, Streets Beach and Markets - Australia's only beach in the middle of the city, Streets Beach is one of South Bank's most popular attractions. For more information click here.
- Story Bridge Climb - The Story Bridge Adventure Climb is a soft adventure experience walk on top of the iconic structure. It's one of Brisbane's must-do leisure experiences and a spectacular way to discover the city and surrounding areas. For more information click here.
- Loan Pine Koala Sanctuary - Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world's first and largest koala sanctuary, with 80 years of experience and over 130 koalas. For more information click here.
- QPAC - The Queensland Performing Arts Centre hosts world class entertainment in the Concert Hall, Lyric Theatre, Cremorne Theatre and the Playhouse. It's the second home to the state's leading performing arts companies - Queensland Theatre Company, Queensland Ballet, Queensland Orchestra and Opera Queensland. For more information click here.
- Brisbane's Botanical Gardens - The Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mount Coot-tha are Queensland's premier subtropical botanic gardens. These 52 hectare gardens are situated seven kilometres from the city centre, and offer a variety of environments and natural wildlife. For more information click here.
- Mt Cootha - Panoramic views of the city, stretching out to Moreton Bay and around to the distant mountains can be seen from the observation deck at Brisbane Lookout Mt Coot-tha. These spectacular views are only a short drive from the city centre. At night, the city lights and star-lit skies are spread before you. For more information click here.
- Tangalooma Island - offering holiday experiences and day trips, Tangalooma Island Resort’s true beauty lies in its natural attractions. The unspoiled splendor of Moreton Island, Wild Dolphin Feeding, along with the resort’s satisfying facilities, click here for more information.
If you would like to venture a little farther afield the Sunshine and Gold Coasts can both be reached within an hour and a half's drive from Brisbane. Both are renowned for their beautiful beaches and are home to a number of world class theme parks and zoos, including:
- Underwater World Sea Life (Sunshine Coast)
- Australia Zoo (Sunshine Coast)
- Sea World (Gold Coast)
- Movie World (Gold Coast)
- Wet n Wild (Gold Coast)
- Dream World/White Water World (Gold Coast)
For more information on what to do in Brisbane and surrounding areas please click here.