Speaker Registration Due: 22 August 2017
Presenter AV Requirements Form Due: 13 October 2017
Headshot Image for the Website Due: 13 October 2017
PowerPoint Presentations Due (widescreen format 16:9): 3 November 2017
AIPN Conference: 13 - 15 November 2017
All speakers are required to register for the conference by 22 August 2017 to confirm their position on the program..
Click here to register as a speaker.
All oral presenters are requested to complete and submit the AV requirements form by COB 13 October 2017.
Click here to complete the speaker AV requirements form.
Please send your headshot image to email@example.com by 13 October 2017 to be added to your speaker profile on the conference website - http://event.icebergevents.com.au/injuryprevention2017/speakers
Your Oral Presentation must be 10 minutes in length with an appropriate number of slides. View the conference program to check your scheduled program timing here: http://event.icebergevents.com.au/injuryprevention2017/program
Note: PowerPoint presentations are required in 16:9 (widescreen) format. Please contact Bella Vardanega via firstname.lastname@example.org should you require assistance with ensuring your presentation is in this format.
We request that all presentations (i.e. PowerPoint presentation) be emailed to email@example.com by COB Friday 3 November 2017. A reminder email will be sent to you closer to the due date.
Tips for Creating your PowerPoint Presentation
- Use a font that is easy to read. Arial, Verdana or Calibri tend to be the easiest to read on screens
- Font should be no smaller than 18pt
- Align text left. Centered text is harder to read
- Write in point form, not complete sentences
- Include 4-5 bullet points per slide
- Avoid wordiness and clutter: A headline, a few bullet points, maybe an image – anything more than that and you risk losing your audience.
- Heading font should be bigger than your body text.
- Put dark text on a white background. This is easiest to read. If you must use a dark background – for instance, if your company uses a standard template with a dark background – make sure your text is quite light (white, cream or light grey) and increase the font size.
Images, Charts and Diagrams:
- A chart, diagram or image can often convey much more to your audience than text
- Don’t use low resolutions images as these can appear blurry on the screen.
- Use 1-2 slides per minute of your presentation
For more information about PowerPoint or sample PowerPoint templates please click here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/templates/powerpoint-templates-FX102832605.aspx
Rapid oral presentations have been allocated 2 minutes during the concurrent sessions to deliver a key message on their research. Each rapid oral presentation may use a maximum of 3 slides including the introduction/title slide, message/content, and a conclusion/end slide where applicable.
Please view the tips above for preparing and formatting your PowerPoint presentation.