Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts has now closed.
YOU’RE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE…
The Organising Committee of the 5th Queensland Pest Animal Symposium is pleased to invite abstracts for proposed oral and poster presentations.
ORAL PRESENTATION: Oral presenters will have a 20 minute time slot within the Symposium program (15 minute presentation followed by 5 minutes for Q&A).
POSTER PRESENTATION: Posters will be displayed at the venue during the Symposium. Attendees will be able to view your poster during all catering breaks. If there is insufficient space in the program for your oral presentation, you may be invited to display a poster.
Your abstract should be no longer than 250 words.
Symposium streams may include:
- Vertebrate pest species
- Communication, innovation and new technology
- Protecting biodiversity
- Invertebrate pests (exotic ants, locusts)
- Aquatic and marine pests
When submitting your abstract, please select which stream best suits. Your abstract should clearly outline the theme and purpose of your presentation/paper.
The abstract format is as follows:
- Title should be a maximum of 50 characters in length
- Enter name/s of author/s on online portal
- Check the box for those authors who are presenting at the Symposium
- Each author needs to be listed separately
- Biographies are to be provided for the main presenting author and for any presenting co-authors
- Include professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof) when entering the author/presenter names
- The online portal will not keep any formatting you have created from a Word document; simply enter your abstract into the content box provided
- Abstracts should be a maximum of 250 words written in the English language
- Do not leave blank lines between paragraphs
- Use standard abbreviations only
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the program committee. The committee’s decision is final.
- By submitting your abstract you agree to have your abstract, full paper and email address (if accepted) published in the Pest Animal Symposium Proceedings and Delegate Handbook.
- All accepted oral presenters are requested to submit a full paper by the specified deadline. Full papers will be included in the Symposium Proceedings which will be provided to all attendees on a USB stick.
- If accepted, you must register for the Symposium. Further details regarding registration will be included in your acceptance correspondence.
SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT
If you have any enquiries when submitting your abstract, please email Iceberg Events (Symposium Organisers) via email@example.com.
|Abstract Submissions Close:||30 May 2016|
|Review Process:||June 2016|
|Registration Opens:||June 2016|
|Notification to Authors:||June 2016|
|Earlybird Registration Closes:||31 August 2016|
|Deadline for Full Papers:||22 August 2016|
|Symposium:||7-10 November 2016|