Call for Abstracts
Topics of Interest | Option 1. Scientific Papers | Option 2. Case Studies & Clinical Reports | Formatting Requirements | Peer Review Process | Conference Proceedings | Important Dates | Abstract Submission
This year’s conference program will offer a diverse range of presentations in a variety of formats, including academic paper presentations, clinicians case studies, industry showcase, telehealth workshops, poster presentations and telehealth demonstrations. The scientific committee would like to invite you to participate as a presenter at the conference.
The scientific committee particularly encourages submissions relating to the clinical use of telehealth across a range of settings including tertiary level centres, small rural hospitals, general practice, residential aged care facilities, the home and Indigenous communities.
Specific topics of interest include:
- Clinical applications of telehealth
- Telehealth for chronic disease management
- Telehealth in acute care
- Telecare and remote patient monitoring
- Telehealth in developing countries
- International perspectives in telehealth
Telehealth in the Australian context:
- MBS reimbursed video consultations
- Experiences in clinical practice
- New telehealth models of care
The future of clinical telehealth:
- Grand challenges in clinical telehealth
- Software and systems for telehealth
- Telehealth service development
- Telehealth service management
The business of telehealth:
- Business models for telehealth
- Telehealth policy and governance
- Economic analyses of telehealth services
Education and training:
- Education and training for current and future practitioners
- Using telehealth to provide clinical development
State of the evidence:
- Telehealth service evaluation
- Evidence reviews
There are two options for abstract submission for SFT-17:
Original unpublished contributions in all fields of telemedicine, telehealth and related areas of eHealth are invited. Authors have the opportunity to submit abstracts up to 300 words in length (excluding references).
Abstracts must contain the following:
- A clearly stated AIM
- RESULTS and
- CONCLUSION for the work reported.
Abstracts will be judged on originality, significance, technical quality, relevance to the conference themes, and presentation. Submission of an abstract will be regarded as an undertaking that, should it be accepted, at least on author will register and attend the conference to present the work. Authors may submit more than one abstract, provided it meets the conditions outlined earlier.
Submissions are also sought which describe clinical experiences associated with telehealth. In 300 words or less, briefly describe your telehealth service and why this service would be of interest to the delegates at the SFT-17 conference.
- Title should be a maximum of 150 characters in length
- Enter name/s of author/s on form
- Check the box for those authors who are presenting
- Each author needs to be listed separately
- Include professional titles (e.g. Dr, Prof) when entering the author/presenter names
- The online form will not keep any formatting you have created from a Word document; simply enter your abstract into the content box provided
- Abstracts should be a maximum of 300 words written in the English language
- Do not leave blank lines between paragraphs
- Use standard abbreviations only
- Do not use abbreviations in the title
All abstracts will be peer reviewed by an international committee of experts in the field.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the SFT-17 conference proceedings. A selected number of abstracts will be published in the Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare.
Submission Close: Midnight Monday 26 June 2017
Peer-Review of Submissions: 1-10 July 2017
Notification to Authors: 17 July 2017
Final Abstracts and/or Short Paper Manuscripts (if selected for JTT special issue) due: 14 August 2017
Early Bird Registration: 1 September 2017
Conference Day 1: 30 October 2017
Conference Day 2: 31 October 2017
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Emma from Iceberg Events on +61 7 3876 4988 or email@example.com