Click here to view the Bureau of Meterology's forecast for Darwin.
We recommend booking your flights as early as possible, to secure your preferred flights.
- Public Transport - buses are the recommended public transport option in Darwin. Click here to plan your journey. You can buy a paper ticket on a bus using cash only, or at a bus interchange using cash or EFTPOS
- Taxi's - contact the Blue Taxi Company on 13 82 94 - wheelchair accessible taxi's available on request
- Darwin City Airport Shuttle Service - click here for further information
Are you interested in exploring Darwin in your free time, or pre/post the SFT Conference? We have listed some activites below for your convenience:
MINDIL BEACH SUNSET MARKET
Located on the iconic strip overlooking Mindil Beach, the market features over 300 stalls. Mindil Beach Sunset Market is open on Sundays 4-9pm and Thursday 5-10pm.
LAGOON DAY SPA
Indulge in tropical luxury while revitalising your mind, body and soul at Darwin’s most exquisite relaxation and beauty retreat.
Crocosaurus Cove, located in the heart of Darwin city, allows visitors a unique, up close and personal view of Australia’s iconic Saltwater Crocodiles.
Below are suggestions for activities in Darwin that are suitable for children. These activities are not organised by the conference organisers, but is a guide to attractions in the region.
- Darwin Wave Lagoon has everything for a perfect family fun day of swimming, tubbing and relaxing - click here for more details
- Deckchair Cinema is Darwin's premier outdoor cinema, which screens films 7 nights a week - click here for more details
- Crocodylus Park is the place to come face to face with the largest reptiles on the planet - click here for more details
- Aquascene is a natural phenomenon where hundreds of friendly local wild fish swim to the shallow shoreline in search of a gratuitous meal of fresh bread - click here for more details
For more information on visiting Darwin, visit http://northernterritory.com/.