Free paper presentation guidelines
Time allocated: 12 minutes. If you wish to have Q&A, it must be incorporated within this 12 minute timeframe.
Session type: Oral presentation
Rehearse your presentation to ensure it is within this time allocation. Presenters are not permitted to go overtime.
Your presentation and PowerPoint slides must be in English. No translation services are provided at the Congress.
All free paper presenters are requested to complete and submit a short online speaker form by Friday 22. One form per free paper presentation is to be submitted.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH
Please submit the following for the Congress Organisers to promote your session. This will be placed on the Congress website and collateral along with your biography.
High resolution headshot (photograph)
- The file size should be over 100KB to be considered high resolution
- It must be a clear photograph (not blurry)
- Save the photograph with the file title as the presenter name
- Email the file to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22 June 2018
- All free paper presenters are required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session
- Your presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Maximum number of slides is 10 (excluding references and acknowledgement)
- If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes
- Presenters will not be permitted to go to an external URL/website during their presentation (PPT slides only)
- Presenters should acknowledge co-authors within their presentations. Co-authors will not be listed on Congress collateral due to limited space.
- In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machine.
- Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website (in pdf format) after the event
- Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
VIDEO FILES IN YOUR PRESENTATION
If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I have a co-presenter? Yes, however they must be a co-author of your abstract/study. Co-presenter details must be submitted via the online speaker form (link above). Co-presenters can register at the presenter discount rate, link provided in your acceptance email.
- Will co-authors be listed on the program? No, only presenters of the session will be listed on the program. Co-authors should be acknowledged within the presentation.
- When will the program be announced? The program is now available, click here to view.
- I can no longer present, what do I do? You can submit a substitute presenter however they must be a co-author of your abstract/study. Alternatively, you can withdraw your presentation from the program by contacting Brodi Newsome.
- Do I need to present using a PowerPoint presentation? Yes, all free paper presenters are required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session. View the guidelines above.
- Can I bring my own laptop to run my presentation from? No, there will be a AV team who will upload your presentation to the a dedicated presentation laptop.
- What language do I present in? The official language of the Congress is English. All presentations must be presented in English. No translation services will be available.
- I have already registered but would like to add accommodation and/or social function tickets to my registration. Can I do this? Yes, to do this you will need to email your request to Brodi Newsome via email@example.com outlining what you would like added to your registration. Please do not complete the online registration form again. Click here to view accommodation available, and click here to view social function ticket information.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.