Host Session Presentation Guidelines
Important note: all host session presenters must register and pay for the Congress by Friday 29 June 2018 to confirm their participation as a presenter. Refer to your acceptance email for registration instructions.
Time allocated: 10 minutes, followed by a facilitated discussion with other speakers
Session type: Oral presentation
Rehearse your presentation to ensure it is within this time allocation. Presenters are not permitted to go overtime.
Your presentation and PowerPoint slides must be in English. No translation services are provided at the Congress.
All free paper presenters are requested to complete and submit a short online speaker form by COB Friday 29 June 2018.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH
Please submit the following for the Congress Organisers to promote your session. This will be placed on the Congress website and collateral along with your biography.
High resolution headshot (photograph)
- The file size should be over 100KB to be considered high resolution
- It must be a clear photograph (not blurry)
- Save the photograph with the file title as the presenter name
- Email the file to Brodi Newsome via email@example.com by Friday 29 June 2018.
- All free paper presenters are required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session
- Your presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Maximum number of slides is 10 (excluding references and acknowledgement)
- If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes
- Presenters will not be permitted to go to an external URL/website during their presentation (PPT slides only)
- Presenters should acknowledge co-authors within their presentations. Co-authors will not be listed on Congress collateral due to limited space.
- In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machine.
- Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website (in pdf format) after the event
- Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
All presentations must be created using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint slides are required in 16:9 (widescreen) format. This can be found under slide size in your PPT, as this will make a considerable difference within your presentation. Contact us should you require assistance with ensuring your presentation is in this format.
Should you wish to use the World Hospital Congress PPT template, please download this below. This is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.
Your PowerPoint presentation is to be emailed to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018. This is considered a backup copy of your PPT slides should your files be lost or corrupted in transit. Presenters must email your final PPT presentation, however we are aware minor updates may occur in the lead up to the Congress.
Name your slides as follows: Presenter name_session title
All presenters need to bring their final PPT slides with them on a USB and provide them to the AV team in the speaker prep room. Click here to read more about what to do on arrival.
VIDEO FILES IN YOUR PRESENTATION
If you would like to show a video within your presentation, we require all video files pre-congress (embedded files and YouTube/internet links) so that our AV Technical Director can download these and test them pre-conference. Please email these files or links to Brodi Newsome via email@example.com by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018. If the file is large, we recommend the use of Dropbox.
If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.
Please direct all enquiries to the Congress Organisers:
+61 7 3876 4988