Host Session Presentation Guidelines
Important note: all host session presenters must register and pay for the Congress by Friday 29 June 2018 to confirm their participation as a presenter. Refer to your acceptance email for registration instructions.
Time allocated: 10 minutes, followed by a facilitated discussion with other speakers
Session type: Oral presentation
Rehearse your presentation to ensure it is within this time allocation. Presenters are not permitted to go overtime.
Your presentation and PowerPoint slides must be in English. No translation services are provided at the Congress.
All free paper presenters are requested to complete and submit a short online speaker form by COB Friday 29 June 2018.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH
Please submit the following for the Congress Organisers to promote your session. This will be placed on the Congress website and collateral along with your biography.
High resolution headshot (photograph)
- The file size should be over 100KB to be considered high resolution
- It must be a clear photograph (not blurry)
- Save the photograph with the file title as the presenter name
- Email the file to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 29 June 2018.
- All free paper presenters are required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session
- Your presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Maximum number of slides is 10 (excluding references and acknowledgement)
- If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes
- Presenters will not be permitted to go to an external URL/website during their presentation (PPT slides only)
- Presenters should acknowledge co-authors within their presentations. Co-authors will not be listed on Congress collateral due to limited space.
- In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machine.
- Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website (in pdf format) after the event
- Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
All presentations must be created using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint slides are required in 16:9 (widescreen) format. This can be found under slide size in your PPT, as this will make a considerable difference within your presentation. Contact us should you require assistance with ensuring your presentation is in this format.
Should you wish to use the World Hospital Congress PPT template, please download this below. This is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.
VIDEO FILES IN YOUR PRESENTATION
If a short video is embedded in a slide it should not be over 2 minutes.
SUBMITTING YOUR PRESENTATION FILES
- name your file in the following format: Session#_Firstname_Surname.pptx
- Click on the choose files button to add your files. Once you have selected all your files [don’t forget to include any video files] fill in your name and email so we can contact you if there is an issue and click Upload.
- Don’t close your browser window until the upload has completed.
- You will receive an email confirming your upload is successful.
All presenters need to bring their final PPT slides with them on a USB and check in at the Speakers Preparation room (via door 2) next to the speaker registration desk when you arrive at the Congress.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.
Please direct all enquiries to the Congress Organisers:
+61 7 3876 4988