IHF Special Interest Group (SIG) Presenter Guidelines
Important note: All IHF Special Interest Session presenters must register for the Congress by Friday 15 June 2018 to confirm their participation as a presenter. Refer to the Presenter Guidelines home page for more information.
The chair of your session will provide you more details on the format and flow of your session. If you have any questions about the format of your session, please contact Marisa Gillapetra at the IHF who is coordinating the sessions on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your presentation and PowerPoint slides (if any) must be in English. No translation services are provided at the Congress.
All IHF Special Interest Session presenters are requested to complete and submit a short online speaker form by COB Friday 15 June 2018.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH
Please submit the following for the Congress Organisers to promote your session. This will be placed on the Congress website and collateral along with your biography.
High resolution headshot (photograph)
- The file size should be over 100KB to be considered high resolution
- It must be a clear photograph (not blurry)
- Save the photograph with the file title as the presenter name
- Email the file to Brodi Newsome via email@example.com by Friday 15 June 2018.
- Depending on the format of the session, presenters may use PowerPoint Presentations. Please check with the Chair of your session if PowerPoint slides are required.
- Presenters will not be permitted to go to an external URL/website during their presentation (PPT slides only)
- In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machine.
- Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website (in pdf format) after the event
- Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
Presentations (if any) must be created using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint slides are required in 16:9 (widescreen) format. This can be found under slide size in your PPT, as this will make a considerable difference within your presentation. Contact us should you require assistance with ensuring your presentation is in this format.
Should you wish to use the World Hospital Congress PPT template, please download this below. This is not mandatory, but is highly encouraged.
Your PowerPoint presentation is to be emailed to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018. This is considered a backup copy of your PPT slides should your files be lost or corrupted in transit. Presenters must email your final PPT presentation, however we are aware minor updates may occur in the lead up to the Congress.
Name your slides as follows: Presenter name_session title
All presenters need to bring their final PPT slides with them on a USB and provide them to the AV team in the speaker prep room. Click here to read more about what to do on arrival.
VIDEO FILES IN YOUR PRESENTATION
If you would like to show a video within your presentation, we require all video files pre-congress (embedded files and YouTube/internet links) so that our AV Technical Director can download these and test them pre-conference. Please email these files or links to Brodi Newsome via email@example.com by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018. If the file is large, we recommend the use of Dropbox.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I have a co-presenter? No, only invited presenters are permitted to present and register per the accepance email.
- Will co-authors be listed on the program? No, only presenters of the session will be listed on the program. Co-authors should be acknowledged within the presentation.
- When will the program be announced? The program will be announced in June and all registered presenters will be notified once released.
- I can no longer present, what do I do? You can submit a substitute presenter however they must be a co-author of your abstract/study. Alternatively, you can withdraw your presentation from the program by contacting Brodi Newsome.
- Do I need to present using a PowerPoint presentation? No, IHF SIG presenters are not required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session, however can most definitely elect to use this if required.
- Can I bring my own laptop to run my presentation from? No, there will be a AV team who will upload your presentation to the a dedicated presentation laptop.
- What language do I present in? The official language of the Congress is English. All presentations must be presented in English. No translation services will be available.
- I have already registered but would like to add accommodation and/or social function tickets to my registration. Can I do this? Yes, to do this you will need to email your request to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what you would like added to your registration. Please do not complete the online registration form again. Click here to view accommodation available, and click here to view social function ticket information.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.