Join the Design Jam!
Ideas on their own won’t change outcomes for stakeholders of our health care systems. It is action driven by committed and creative multi-disciplinary teams that will make the difference.
This year’s World Hospital Congress will feature the conference’s first ever one-day Design Jam event, aimed at bringing together bright and curious thinkers from across the health sector to turn ideas into action.
We’ll use human-centred design methods to reimagine some of the thorniest challenges in health care, taking inspiration from the conference themes: volume to value; four walls to community; information to intelligence.
What does the Design Jam involve?
The Design Jam will be broken into phases which will take place across the day:
When is the Design Jam?
The Design Jam will take place on the middle day of the conference. This means attendees can both be inspired by and inspire the conference discussion.
Date: Thursday, 11 October
Time: 9am-5pm (Design Jam) + pitches from 5.30pm-6.30pm
Where you’ll find us: Room M4
Who is running the Design Jam?
The Design Jam will be led by representatives from:
- Nous Group – a leading Australian management consulting firm with a distinctive approach combining deep health sector expertise and leading-edge design capability.
- Hacking Health – a global movement working to improve healthcare by breaking down the barriers to innovating and bringing together diverse stakeholder groups.
Together, we’ll provide attendees with a toolkit, a set of methods and a wealth of experience to help them explore health issues in ways that can cut through to action.
Why should I attend the Design Jam?
The Design Jam is a fantastic opportunity for attendees to build capability in human-centred design, while connecting with peers to solve real problems.
Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind opportunity for professional development and collaboration!
How can I get involved in the Design Jam?
As an attendee of the World Hospital Congress, you’ve got the opportunity to attend the Design Jam on Day 2 of the Congress, if you would find it a valuable stream to your Congress experience.
The Design Jam is a fantastic opportunity for attendees to build capability in human-centred design, while connecting with peers to solve real problems. Don’t miss out on this one-of-a-kind opportunity for professional development and collaboration!
I can’t join but I want to be involved…
If you’re unable to join the Design Jam but would still like to be involved, here are three ways you can contribute:
- Submit a thought starter as a potential problem – we are keen to solve problems on the day that are currently affecting you and your work context. Submit your problem here and try wording it as: “How might we…”
- Keep your eye on the Congress app for callouts for input into the Design Jam – we may need your expertise on the day! Get involved with our research and interview process by responding to callouts on the Congress app
- Come and watch the pitches at 5.30pm on day 2 in the main Congress plenary hall – you’ll be the first to hear what we’ve come up with!