Lightning talk presentation guidelines
Time allocated: stictly 3 minutes (Q&A is not permitted)
Session type: Lightning talk oral presentation with 3 PowerPoint slides
Rehearse your presentation to ensure it is within this time allocation. Presenters are not permitted to go overtime.
Your presentation and PowerPoint slides must be in English. No translation services are provided at the Congress.
What is a lightening talk? The goal of lightning talks is to articulate a topic in a quick, insightful, and clear manner. These concise and efficient talks are intended to grab the attention of the audience, convey key information, and allow for several presenters to share their ideas in a brief period of time.
All lightning talk presenters are requested to complete and submit a short online speaker form by . One form per lightning presentation is to be submitted.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOGRAPH
Please submit the following for the Congress Organisers to promote your session. This will be placed on the Congress website and collateral along with your biography.
High resolution headshot (photograph)
- The file size should be over 100KB to be considered high resolution
- It must be a clear photograph (not blurry)
- Save the photograph with the file title as the presenter name
- Email the file to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 31 May 2018.
- All lightning talk presenters are required to use PowerPoint Presentations during their session
- Your presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Maximum number of slides is 3 (excluding references and acknowledgement)
- No video files are permitted
- Presenters will not be permitted to go to an external URL/website during their presentation (PPT slides only)
- Presenters should acknowledge co-authors within their presentations. Co-authors will not be listed on Congress collateral due to limited space.
- In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slideshows will be copied onto the main presentation machine.
- Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website (in pdf format) after the event
- Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.