The following event/s will occur prior to the World Hospital Congress, and are listed below for the convenience of delegates who may be interested in attending. Information on how to register for each pre-Congres event is listed in the details below.
“Potentially Preventable Hospitalisations” thought-leadership forum
Potentially preventable hospitalisations (PPH) have been defined as those hospitalisations which could have been avoided with access to quality primary care and preventative care. ACSQHC, 2009.
Novartis will host a one day thought-leadership forum on Potentially Preventable Hospitalisation on 9 October, the day before the formal commencement of the World Hospital Congress. This session is free to attend by registrants of the 2018 World Hospital Congress*.
Potentially preventable hospitalisations is a critical whole-of-health issue and addressing this problem requires dedicated commitment by stakeholders across the health system.
The Novartis thought-leadership forum will bring together a small but diverse group of stakeholders to engage in facilitated discussion, idea sharing and information exchange. Over the course of the day, four sector experts will lead round-table conversations on a variety of key issues.
The provisional sessions themes are:
- Integration of care and conditions of ‘potentially preventable hospitalisations’
- The importance of patient experience, community engagement and health literacy
- Quality, safety and measurable health outcomes
- Interventions, innovations, and strategies
The forum aims to bring people together to create connections, spark new ideas and contribute to solving this critical issue.
The “Potentially Preventable Hospitalisations” thought-leadership forum has limited places available and attendance is via an Expression of Interest process. To express your interest, email email@example.com with your name, title, contact details and a short, one paragraph outline of insights and experiences you wish to share to the day.
Aspiring to create a diverse group of stakeholders, the final list of applicants will be notified by 1 August 2018.
* Note: There is no cost for successful applicants to attend the forum, however any ancillary costs related to attendance including but not limited to travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the applicant.