Standard Poster Presenter Guidelines
all Standard Poster Presenters must register and pay for the Congress by to confirm their participation. Refer to the Presenter Guidelines home page for more information.
Text should be of a sufficient size that it can be easily read from a distance of 1.5 meters. We recommend:
- Title: At least 26pt in a solid font such as Arial Black
- Body text: At least 20pt in a clear font such as Arial with single spacing
Please include the following information on your printed poster:
- Your name and affiliation
- Contact details
We suggest that the contents include an introduction, objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions.
Please also clearly indicate which of the three Congress streams your poster relates to.
All poster presenters must print their posters in portrait A0 (841mm x 1189mm) sizing. We recommend the poster paper thickness is 100GSM or higher, or an alternative poster print option is the fabric printing that is now available through selected printers. Fabric printing is suitable for traveling with a poster.
Please contact your print supplier to discuss your print requirements.
A digital copy of your final poster in PDF format is to be emailed to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday 29 August 2018.
We recommend all poster presenters store and transport their poster in a cylindrical poster container. Your poster container should be clearly named with a label. The poster presenter is responsible for the storage of the container while the poster is being displayed.
Display on poster boards
Authors will be directed to the poster board, and authors will need to bring their own Velcro dots to affix the poster to the display board.
Putting your poster up: 3pm - 5pm, Tuesday 9 October 2018 or 7.00am - 8.00am, Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Taking your poster down: 5pm - 6pm, Friday 12 October 2018
It is recommended the poster author be available to stand by their poster throughout all catering breaks on the allocated day, but particularly during the lunch session. Click here to view the Congress program.
If you have not presented a poster before, or if English is your second language, the World Hospital Congress Scientific Committee have offered to review draft posters ahead of the Congress. To take advantage of this offer, please contact Patricia Mencias (email@example.com) with a draft of your poster by no later than Wednesday 1 August 2018 she will organise the review for you.
Frequently asked questions
- Will co-authors be listed on the program? No, only presenters of your poster will be listed on the program. Co-authors should be acknowledged on the poster.
- When will the program be announced? The program will be announced in June and all registered presenters will be notified once released.
- I can no longer present, what do I do? You can submit a substitute presenter however they must be a co-author of your abstract/study. Alternatively, you can withdraw your poster from the program by contacting Brodi Newsome.
- Do I have to put my poster up during the poster display times? Yes, see above poster display times.
- Can I submit a digital copy of my poster only? Your poster must be printed and brought along to the Congress for display on the poster boards. We also require a digital copy of your poster to be submitted by Wednesday 29 August 2018.
- How do I know what specifications to design and print my poster to? The specifications are listed above
- What language does my poster need to be in? The official language of the Congress is English. All posters must be in English. No translation services will be available.
- I have already registered but would like to add accommodation and/or social function tickets to my registration. Can I do this? Yes, to do this you will need to email your request to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org outlining what you would like added to your registration. Please do not complete the online registration form again. Click here to view accommodation available, and click here to view social function ticket information.
Click on the link below to be redirected to the main presentation guidelines webpage.