ASAM will offer up to two scholarships in 2019.
Each scholarship will include full registration for the ASAM 2019 Annual Conference (19-22 September in Sydney).
In order to be eligible for the award, applicants must submit an essay on a topic related to aviation or space medicine in a format suitable for editorial review prior to consideration for publication. The essay should be 1500-2000 words, citing relevant aeromedical literature where possible, and referencing these citations using the Vancouver system accepted by the Journal of the Australasian Society of Aerospace Medicine (JASAM).
- Applicants must be full-time medical students in an Australian or New Zealand university
- Applicants must be interested in the speciality of aerospace medicine
- No travel or accommodation expenses are included in the award.
- The award is offered once only to a recipient and must be taken up in the year it is offered.
- The award is offered only if applications merit the award.
Submissions close 17 June 2019 and the awards will be announced by 1 July 2019.
Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 17 June 2019.