This page contains general information that relates to all presenters of the Deafblind International Conference. Click here for specific presenter guidelines relating to your type of presentation (oral presentation and poster presentation).
Key dates/checklist | Presenter registration | Unable to present/substituting a presenter | Your confirmed session
| Presentation guidelines | On arrival | Conference promotion | Presenter terms & conditions | Contact us
Due by Thursday 28 February 2019
- Presenter registration
- Submit your accessibility requirements form
- 100-word biography (for oral presenters - refer to oral presenter guidelines)
- High-resolution photograph (for oral presenters - refer to oral presenter guidelines)
- Notify Conference Organisers if withdrawing or substituting a presenter
Due by Thursday 18 July 2019
- Audio Visual (AV) requirements form (see oral presenter guidelines)
Due by Thursday 25 July 2019
- Submit a PDF copy of your poster (for poster presenters - refer to poster presenter guidelines)
- Submit your PPT presentation (for oral presenters - refer to oral presenter guidelines)
- Submit your video files (for oral presenters wanting to show a video - refer to oral presenter guidelines)
Accepted oral presenters and poster presenters must register and pay for the conference by Thursday 28 February 2019 to confirm their participation as a presenter. If a presenter does not register by this date, their presentation may be withdrawn from the conference program.
If you have already registered, thank you. There is no further registration action required.
If you have not yet registered:
- Click on the registration link below
- There are no further discounts available to this registration cost
- Accommodation can be booked via the online form.
Full conference presenter registration - $1,100
- attendance to all conference sessions and the trade exhibition, daytime catering on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- a conference satchel
- attendance to the Welcome Reception on Tuesday 13 August 2019.
Day only presenter registration - $440
- attendance to all conference sessions and the trade exhibition on the day you present
- a conference satchel
Accommodation and tickets to the conference dinner are available for purchase via the online registration forms below.
Download, complete and return the below accessibility requirements form by Thursday 28 February 2019. If you are unsure if you have already completed this, please check your latest email correspondance from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unable to present
If you can no longer participate as a presenter at the Deafblind International Conference, and need to withdraw your abstract, please email Brodi Newsome via email@example.com by Thursday 28 February 2019.
A substitute presenter must be a co-author of your abstract.
If you wish to nominate a substitute presenter, this request must be made by email to Brodi Newsome via firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 28 February 2019. This request will then be reviewed by the Scientific Committee.
Please view your session within the online program, and advise the Conference Organisers urgently if there are any changes to your:
- Session title
Click on the link below for your presentation guidelines and instructions. If you have been accepted to present in multiple sessions, please read the guidelines applicable to your session types. Contact us if you have any questions regarding the guidelines.
On arrival at the conference, please first proceed to the registration desk to collect your name badge and meet with the Conference Organisers (Iceberg Events). Refer to the program page of the website to view the operating times of the registration desk.
The Conference Organisers will direct you to the Speaker Preparation Room. All speakers will need to report to the Speaker Preparation Room to upload and check their presentation. Please allow ample time for this.
When should you arrive?
All presenters should arrive at least 2 hours prior to their scheduled session, allowing you time to provide your PPT slides to the AV team in the speaker preparation room and be prepared should there be a last-minute program change.
If your session is first up in the morning, you should provide your PPT slides to the AV team the day prior and check in with the AV team in the speaker prep room 1 hour prior to your session.
We ask all presenters to promote your involvement in the conference. Please see available graphic for download below, and the social links are as follows:
Twitter: #dbi2019australia #deafblindworldconference
Facebook: #dbi2019australia #deafblindworldconference
If you have any other promotional requirements, please contact us.
- No honorarium or financial support will be provided to authors of abstracts accepted for oral or poster presentation.
- Accepted presenters must register and pay for the conference by Thursday 28 February 2019.
- The author(s) of abstracts presented at the Deafblind International Conference 2019, must provide permission to Able Australia to publish the abstract, author details, posters and/or slides electronically and in other formats.
Please direct all enquiries to the Conference Organisers:
Event Coordinator and Graphic Designer
+61 7 3876 4988 (Brisbane, Australia)