Important Speaker Information
This webpage is for accepted conference program speakers only
Important Dates for Speakers | Speaker Registration | Speaker AV Form & Headshot Image
Speaker PPT Template | Oral Presentations | Full Papers
IMPORTANT SPEAKER DATES
Speaker Registration Due (acceptance on the program): Monday 8 July 2019
Speaker Headshot Image Due (Website/App): Monday 8 July 2019
Presenter Requirements Form Due: Monday 19 August 2019
Full Papers due: Monday 19 August 2019
PowerPoint Presentations Due (using IHEA branded template): Monday 30 September 2019
IHEA Conference: 9-11 October 2019
All accepted speakers are required to register for the conference by Monday 8 July 2019 to confirm their position on the program.
Click the button below to register as a speaker and to confirm your position on the program.
If you do not register as a speaker by the deadline, your presentation will not be included in the conference program.
SPEAKER AUDIO VISUAL REQUIREMENTS & HEADSHOT IMAGE
All oral presenters are requested to complete and submit the AV requirements form by Monday 19 August 2019.
Click the button below to complete the speaker AV requirements form.
AV REQUIREMENTS FORM
Please send your headshot image to firstname.lastname@example.org to accompany your speaker biography on the conference website and app. Your biography has already been collected through the abstract submission process and will be published as is on the conference website and app. Please provide your headshot image prior to Monday 8 July 2019.
SPEAKER POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
All presentations must be created using Microsoft PowerPoint.
All speakers must use the IHEA branded PowerPoint template to prepare their presentation.
DOWNLOAD POWERPOINT TEMPLATE
PowerPoint Presentations Due: Monday 30 September 2019
ORAL PRESENTATION INSTRUCTIONS
Your Oral Presentation must be 20 minutes or 30 minutes in length (please check your allocated timings in the conference program) with an appropriate number of slides and include time for questions.
Note: PowerPoint presentations are required in 16:9 (widescreen) format. Please feel free to contact Bella Lenti via email@example.com should you require assistance with ensuring your presentation is in this format.
We request that all presentations (i.e. PowerPoint presentation) be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 30 September 2019. A reminder email will be sent to you closer to the due date.
Tips for Creating your PowerPoint Presentation
- Use a font that is easy to read. Arial, Verdana or Calibri tend to be the easiest to read on screens
- Font should be no smaller than 18pt
- Align text left. Centered text is harder to read
- Write in point form, not complete sentences
- Include 4-5 bullet points per slide
- Avoid wordiness and clutter: A headline, a few bullet points, maybe an image – anything more than that and you risk losing your audience.
- Heading font should be bigger than your body text.
- Put dark text on a white background. This is easiest to read. If you must use a dark background – for instance, if your company uses a standard template with a dark background – make sure your text is quite light (white, cream or light grey) and increase the font size.
Images, Charts and Diagrams:
- A chart, diagram or image can often convey much more to your audience than text
- Don’t use low resolutions images as these can appear blurry on the screen.
- Use 1-2 slides per minute of your presentation
It is mandatory that all accepted oral presenters provide a full paper in accordance to the below formatting requirements by the deadline.
All full papers are due by Monday 19 August 2019. Please send your full paper and any attachments to Bella Lenti via email@example.com
The IHEA will review all full paper submissions to ensure authors have complied with the formatting requirements.
Your paper may be published in the official IHEA Journal 'Healthcare Facilities'. Please provide your consent to publish your full paper on the Speaker AV Requirements Form, linked above.
A4 Microsoft Word document
1500 minimum - 3000 maximum
(left, right top and bottom)
Size 12 font
Size 14 font
It is essential that any images, graphs, tables etc. be supplied with your full paper seperately in high resolution.